You will see Miracles through Your hands through Me!
Jesus Christ – Urtext Preview
Subscribe to My newsletter and get Everything new by E-mail.
What is Forgiveness?
Forgiveness recognizes what You thought Your Brother did to You has not occurred. It does not pardon sins and make them real. It sees there was no sin. And in this view are All Your sins forgiven. What is sin except a false idea about God’s Son? Forgiveness merely sees its falsity, and therefore lets it go. What then is free to take its place is now the Will of God.
An unforgiving thought is one which makes a judgment that it will not raise to doubt, although it is unTrue. The Mind is closed, and will not be released. The thought protects projection, tightening its chains, so that distortions are more veiled and more obscure; less easily accessible to doubt, and further kept from reason. What can come between a fixed projection and the aim that it has chosen as its wanted goal?
An unforgiving thought does many things. In frantic action it pursues its goal, twisting and overturning what it sees as interfering with its chosen path. Distortion is its purpose and the means by which it would accomplish it as well. It sets about its furious attempts to smash Reality without concern for Anything that would appear to pose a contradiction to its point of view.
Forgiveness, on the other hand, is still, and quietly does nothing. It offends no aspect of Reality, nor seeks to twist it to appearances it likes. It merely looks and waits and judges not. He Who would not forgive must judge, for He must justify His failure to forgive. But He Who would forgive Himself must learn to welcome Truth exactly as it is.
Do nothing, then, and let forgiveness show You what to do through Him Who is Your Guide, Your Savior and Protector, strong in hope and certain of Your ultimate success. He has forgiven You already, for such is His function, given Him by God. Now must You share His function, and forgive Whom He has saved, whose sinlessness He sees, and Whom He honors as the Son of God.
What is Salvation?
Salvation is a promise, made by God, that You would find Your way to Him at last. It cannot but be kept. It guarantees that time will have an end, and All the thoughts which have been born in time will end as well. God’s Word is given every Mind Which thinks that It has separate thoughts, and will replace these thoughts of conflict with the Thought of Peace.
The Thought of Peace was given to God’s Son the instant that His Mind had thought of war. There was no need for such a Thought before, for Peace was given without opposite, and merely was. But when the Mind is split, there is a need of healing. So the Thought That has the power to heal the split became a part of every fragment of the Mind Which still was One, but failed to recognize Its Oneness. Now It did not know Itself, and thought Its own identity was lost.
Salvation is undoing in the sense that it does nothing, failing to support the world of dreams and malice. Thus it lets illusions go. By not supporting them, it merely lets them quietly go down to dust. And what they hid is now revealed; an Altar to the Holy Name of God whereon His Word is written, with the gifts of Your forgiveness laid before It, and the memory of God not far behind.
Let Us come daily to this Holy place, and spend a while together. Here We share Our final dream. It is a dream in which there is no sorrow, for it holds a hint of All the glory given Us by God. The grass is pushing through the soil, the trees are budding now, and birds have come to live within their branches. Earth is being born again in new perception. Night has gone, and We have come together in the Light.
From here We give Salvation to the world, for it is here Salvation was received. The song of Our rejoicing is the call to All the world that freedom is returned, that time is almost over, and God’s Son has but an instant more to wait until His Father is remembered, dreams are done, Eternity has shined away the world, and only Heaven now exists at all.
What is the World?
The world is false perception. It is born of error, and it has not left its Source. It will remain no longer than the thought which gave it birth is cherished. When the thought of separation has been changed to one of True forgiveness, will the world be seen in quite another Light; and one which leads to Truth, where All the world must disappear, and All its errors vanish. Now its Source has gone, and its effects are gone as well.
The world was made as an attack on God. It symbolizes fear. And what is fear except Love’s absence? Thus the world was meant to be a place where God could enter not, and where His Son could be apart from Him. Here was perception born, for knowledge could not cause such insane thoughts. But eyes deceive, and ears hear falsely. Now mistakes become quite possible, for certainty has gone.
The mechanisms of illusion have been born instead. And now they go to find what has been given them to seek. Their aim is to fulfill the purpose which the world was made to witness and make real. They see in its illusions but a solid base where Truth exists, upheld apart from lies. Yet Everything which they report is but illusion which is kept apart from Truth.
As sight was made to lead away from Truth, it can be redirected. Sounds become the call of God, and All perception can be given a new purpose by the One Whom God appointed Savior to the world. Follow His Light and see the world as He beholds it. Hear His Voice alone in All that speaks to You. And let Him give You Peace and certainty, which You have thrown away, but Heaven has preserved for You in Him.
Let Us not rest content until the world has joined Our changed perception. Let Us not be satisfied until forgiveness has been made complete. And let Us not attempt to change Our function. We must save the world. For We Who made it must behold it through the eyes of Christ, that what was made to die can be restored to Everlasting Life.
What is Sin?
Sin is insanity. It is the means by which the Mind is driven mad, and seeks to let illusions take the place of Truth. And being mad, it sees illusions where the Truth should be, and where it really is. Sin gave the body eyes, for what is there the Sinless would behold? What need have They of sights or sounds or touch? What would They hear or reach to grasp? What would They sense at all? To sense is not to know. And Truth can be but filled with knowledge, and with nothing else.
The body is the instrument the Mind made in Its efforts to deceive Itself. Its purpose is to strive. Yet can the goal of striving change. And now the body serves a different aim for striving. What it seeks for now is chosen by the aim the Mind has taken as replacement for the goal of selfdeception. Truth can be its aim as well as lies. The senses then will seek instead for witnesses to what is True.
Sin is the home of All illusions, which but stand for things imagined, issuing from thoughts that are unTrue. They are the “proof” that what has no Reality is real. Sin “proves” God’s Son is evil; timelessness must have an end; Eternal Life must die. And God Himself has lost the Son He loves, with but corruption to complete Himself, His Will forever overcome by death, Love slain by hate, and Peace to be no more.
A madman’s dreams are frightening, and sin appears indeed to terrify. And yet what sin perceives is but a childish game. The Son of God may play He has become a body, prey to evil and to guilt, with but a little Life that ends in death. But All the while His Father shines on Him, and loves Him with an everlasting Love Which His pretenses cannot change at all.
How long, oh Son of God, will You maintain the game of sin? Shall We not put away these sharpedged Children’s toys? How soon will You be ready to come home? Perhaps today? There is no sin. Creation is unchanged. Would You still hold return to Heaven back? How long, oh Holy Son of God, how long?
What is the Body?
The body is a fence the Son of God imagines He has built to separate parts of His Self from other parts. It is within this fence He thinks He lives, to die as it decays and crumbles. For within this fence He thinks that He is safe from Love. Identifying with His safety, He regards Himself as what His safety is. How else could He be certain He remains within the body, keeping Love outside?
The body will not stay. Yet this He sees as double “safety”. For the Son of God’s impermanence is “proof” His fences work, and do the task His Mind assigns to them. For if His Oneness still remained untouched, Who could attack and Who could be attacked? Who could be victor? Who could be His prey? Who could be victim? Who the murderer? And if He did not die, what “proof” is there that God’s Eternal Son has been destroyed?
The body is a dream. Like other dreams, it sometimes seems to picture happiness, but can quite suddenly revert to fear, where every dream is born. For only Love creates in Truth, and Truth can never fear. Made to be fearful, must the body serve the purpose given it. But We can change the purpose which the body will obey by changing what We think that it is for.
The body is the means by which God’s Son returns to sanity. Though it was made to fence Him into hell without escape, yet has the goal of Heaven been exchanged for the pursuit of hell. The Son of God extends His hand to reach His Brother, and to help Him walk along the road with Him. Now is the body Holy. Now it serves to heal the Mind That it was made to kill.
You will identify with what You think will make You safe. Whatever it may be, You will believe that it is One with You. Your safety lies in Truth and not in lies. Love is Your safety. Fear does not exist. Identify with Love, and You are safe. Identify with Love, and You are home. Identify with Love, and find Your Self.
What is the Christ?
Christ is God’s Son as He created Him. He is the Self We share, uniting Us with One Another, and with God as well. He is the Thought Which still abides within the Mind That is His Source. He has not left His Holy home, nor lost the Innocence in which He was created. He abides unchanged forever in the Mind of God.
Christ is the link that keeps You One with God, and guarantees that separation is no more than an illusion of despair, for hope forever will abide in Him. Your Mind is part of His, and His of Yours. He is the part in Which God’s Answer lies; where All decisions are already made, and dreams are over. He remains untouched by Anything the body’s eyes perceive. For though in Him His Father placed the means for Your Salvation, yet does He remain the Self Who, like His Father, knows no sin.
Home of the Holy Spirit, and at home in God alone, does Christ remain at Peace, within the Heaven of Your Holy Mind. This is the only part of You that has Reality in Truth. The rest is dreams. Yet will these dreams be given unto Christ to fade before His glory, and reveal Your Holy Self, the Christ, to You at last.
The Holy Spirit reaches from the Christ in You to All Your dreams, and bids them come to Him, to be translated into Truth. He will exchange them for the final dream which God appointed as the end of dreams. For when forgiveness rests upon the world and Peace has come to every Son of God, what could there be to keep things separate, for what remains to see except Christ’s face?
And how long will this Holy face be seen, when it is but the symbol that the time for learning now is over, and the goal of the Atonement has been reached at last? So therefore let Us seek to find Christ’s face, and look on nothing else. As We behold His glory, will We know We have no need of learning or perception or of time or Anything except the Holy Self, the Christ Whom God created as His Son.
What is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit mediates between illusions and the Truth. Since He must bridge the gap between Reality and dreams, perception leads to knowledge through the grace that God has given Him, to be His gift to Everyone Who turns to Him for Truth. Across the bridge that He provides are dreams All carried to the Truth, to be dispelled before the Light of knowledge. There are sights and sounds forever laid aside. And where they were perceived before, forgiveness has made possible perception’s tranquil end.
The goal the Holy Spirit’s teaching sets is just this end of dreams. For sights and sounds must be translated from the witnesses of fear to those of Love. And when this is entirely accomplished, learning has achieved the only goal it has in Truth. For learning, as the Holy Spirit guides it to the outcome He perceives for it, becomes the means to go beyond itself, to be replaced by the Eternal Truth.
If You but knew how much Your Father yearns to have You recognize Your sinlessness, You would not let His Voice appeal in vain, nor turn away from His replacement for the fearful images and dreams You made. The Holy Spirit understands the means You made, by which You would attain what is forever unattainable. And if You offer them to Him, He will employ the means You made for exile, to restore Your Mind to where it Truly is at home.
From knowledge, where He has been placed by God, the Holy Spirit calls to You, to let forgiveness rest upon Your dreams, and be restored to sanity and Peace of Mind. Without forgiveness will Your dreams remain to terrify You. And the memory of All Your Father’s Love will not return to signify the end of dreams has come.
Accept Your Father’s gift. It is a call from Love to Love, that It be but Itself. The Holy Spirit is His gift, by Which the quietness of Heaven is restored to God’s beloved Son. Would You refuse to take the function of completing God, when All He wills is that You be complete?
What is the Real World?
The real world is a symbol, like the rest of what perception offers. Yet it stands for what is opposite to what You made. Your world is seen through eyes of fear, and brings the witnesses of terror to Your Mind. The real world cannot be perceived except through eyes forgiveness blesses, so they see a world where terror is impossible, and witnesses to fear can not be found.
The real world holds a counterpart for each unhappy thought reflected in Your world; a sure correction for the sights of fear and sounds of battle which Your world contains. The real world shows a world seen differently, through quiet eyes and with a Mind at Peace. Nothing but rest is here. There are no cries of pain and sorrow heard, for nothing here remains outside forgiveness. And the sights are gentle. Only happy sights and sounds can reach the Mind that has forgiven itself.
What need has such a Mind for thoughts of death, attack and murder? What can it perceive surrounding it but safety, Love and Joy? What is there it would choose to be condemned, and what is there that it would judge against? The world it sees arises from a Mind at Peace within itself. No danger lurks in Anything it sees, for it is kind and only kindness does it look upon.
The real world is the symbol that the dream of sin and guilt is over, and God’s Son no longer sleeps. His waking eyes perceive the sure reflection of His Father’s Love; the certain promise that He is redeemed. The real world signifies the end of time, for its perception makes time purposeless.
The Holy Spirit has no need of time when it has served His purpose. Now He waits but that one instant more for God to take His final step, and time has disappeared, taking perception with it as it goes, and leaving but the Truth to be Itself. That instant is Our goal, for it contains the memory of God. And as We look upon a world forgiven, it is He Who calls to Us and comes to take Us home, reminding Us of Our Identity Which Our forgiveness has restored to Us.
What is the Second Coming?
Christ’s Second Coming, which is sure as God, is merely the correction of mistakes and the return of sanity. It is a part of the condition which restores the neverlost, and reestablishes what is forever and forever True. It is the invitation to God’s Word to take illusion’s place; the willingness to let forgiveness rest upon All things without exception and without reserve.
It is the allinclusive nature of Christ’s Second Coming that permits it to embrace the world, and hold You safe within its gentle advent which encompasses All living things with You. There is no end to the release the Second Coming brings, as God’s creation must be limitless. Forgiveness lights the Second Coming’s way because it shines on Everything as One, and thus is Oneness recognized at last.
The Second Coming ends the lessons which the Holy Spirit teaches, making way for the Last Judgment, in which learning ends in one last summary that will extend beyond itself, and reaches up to God. The Second Coming is the time in which All Minds are given to the hands of Christ, to be returned to Spirit in the Name of True creation and the Will of God.
The Second Coming is the one event in time which time itself can not affect. For every One Who ever came to die, or yet will come or Who is present now, is equally released from what He made. In this equality is Christ restored as One Identity, in Which the Sons of God acknowledge that They All are One. And God the Father smiles upon His Son, His One creation and His only Joy.
Pray that the Second Coming will be soon, but do not rest with that. It needs Your eyes and ears and hands and feet. It needs Your voice. And most of All it needs Your willingness. Let Us rejoice that We can do God’s Will, and join together in Its Holy Light. Behold, the Son of God is One in Us, and We can reach Our Father’s Love through Him.
What is the Last Judgment?
Christ’s Second Coming gives the Son of God the gift to hear the Voice for God proclaim that what is false is false, and what is True has never changed. And this the judgment is in which perception ends. At first You see a world which has accepted this as True, projected from a now corrected Mind. And with this Holy sight, perception gives a silent Blessing and then disappears, its goal accomplished and its mission done.
The Final Judgment on the world contains no condemnation. For it sees the world as totally forgiven, without sin, and wholly purposeless. Without a cause, and now without a function in Christ’s sight, it merely slips away to nothingness. There it was born, and there it ends as well. And All the figures in the dream in which the world began go with it. Bodies now are useless, and will therefore fade away, because the Son of God is limitless.
You Who believed that Gods Last Judgment would condemn the world to hell along with You, accept this Holy Truth: God’s Judgment is the gift of the Correction He bestowed on All Your errors, freeing You from them, and All effects they ever seemed to have. To fear God’s saving grace is but to fear complete release from suffering, return to Peace, security and happiness, and union with Your own Identity.
God’s Final Judgment is as merciful as every step in His appointed plan to bless His Son, and call Him to return to the eternal Peace He shares with Him. Be not afraid of Love. For It alone can heal All sorrow, wipe away All tears, and gently waken from His dreams of pain the Son Whom God acknowledges as His. Be not afraid of this. Salvation asks You give it welcome. And the world awaits Your glad acceptance, which will set it free.
This is God’s Final Judgment:
You are still My Holy Son, forever innocent, forever loving and forever loved, as limitless as Your Creator, and completely changeless and forever pure. Therefore awaken and return to Me. I am Your Father and You are My Son.
What is Creation?
Creation is the sum of All God’s Thoughts, in number infinite, and Everywhere without All limit. Only Love creates, and only like Itself. There was no time when All that It created was not there. Nor will there be a time when Anything that It created suffers any loss. Forever and forever are God’s Thoughts exactly as They were and as They are, unchanged through time and after time is done.
God’s Thoughts are given All the power that Their own Creator has. For He would add to Love by Its extension. Thus His Son shares in creation, and must therefore share in power to create. What God has willed to be forever One will still be One when time is over, and will not be changed throughout the course of time, remaining as it was before the thought of time began.
Creation is the opposite of All illusions, for Creation is the Truth. Creation is the Holy Son of God, for in Creation is His Will complete in every aspect, making every part container of the Whole. Its Oneness is forever guaranteed inviolate; forever held within His Holy Will, beyond All possibility of harm, of separation, imperfection and of any spot upon its sinlessness.
We are Creation; We the Sons of God. We seem to be discrete, and unaware of Our eternal unity with Him. Yet back of All Our doubts, past All Our fears, there still is certainty. For Love remains with All Its Thought, Its sureness being Theirs. God’s memory is in Our Holy Minds, which know Their Oneness and their unity with their Creator. Let Our function be only to let this memory return, only to let God’s Will be done on earth, only to be restored to sanity, and to be but as God created Us.
Our Father calls to Us. We hear His Voice, and We forgive creation in the Name of its Creator, Holiness Itself, Whose Holiness His own creation shares; Whose Holiness is still a part of Us.
What is the Ego?
The ego is idolatry; the sign of limited and separated Self, born in a body, doomed to suffer and to end its Life in death. It is the will that sees the Will of God as enemy, and takes a form in which It is denied. The ego is the “proof” that Strength is weak and Love is fearful, Life is really death, and what opposes God alone is True.
The ego is insane. In fear it stands beyond the Everywhere, apart from All, in separation from the Infinite. In its insanity it thinks it has become a victor over God Himself, and in its terrible autonomy it “sees” the Will of God has been destroyed. It dreams of punishment, and trembles at the figures in its dreams, its enemies Who seek to murder it before it can ensure its safety by attacking them.
The Son of God is egoless. What can He know of madness and the death of God, when He abides in Him? What can He know of sorrow and of suffering, when He lives in eternal Joy? What can He know of fear and punishment, of sin and guilt, of hatred and attack, when All there is surrounding Him is everlasting Peace, forever conflictfree and undisturbed, in deepest silence and tranquility?
To know Reality is not to know the ego and its thoughts, its works, its acts, its laws and its beliefs, its dreams, its hopes, its plans for its Salvation, and the cost belief in it entails. In suffering, the price for faith in it is so immense that crucifixion of the Son of God is offered daily at its darkened shrine, and blood must flow before the Altar where its sickly followers prepare for death.
Yet will one lily of forgiveness change the darkness into Light; the Altar to illusions to the shrine of Life Itself. And Peace will be restored forever to the Holy Minds Which God created as His Son, His dwellingplace, His Joy, His Love, completely His, completely One with Him.
What is a Miracle?
A Miracle is a correction. It does not create, nor really change at all. It merely looks on devastation, and reminds the Mind that what It sees is false. It undoes error, but does not attempt to go beyond perception, nor exceed the function of forgiveness. Thus It stays within time’s limits. Yet It paves the way for the return of timelessness and Love’s awakening, for fear must slip away under the gentle remedy It gives.
A Miracle contains the gift of grace, for It is given and received as One. And thus It illustrates the law of Truth the world does not obey, because It fails entirely to understand its ways. A Miracle inverts perception which was upsidedown before, and thus It ends the strange distortions that were manifest. Now is perception open to the Truth. Now is forgiveness seen as justified.
Forgiveness is the home of Miracles. The Eye of Christ delivers Them to All they look upon in mercy and in Love. Perception stands corrected in His sight, and what was meant to curse has come to bless. Each lily of forgiveness offers All the world the silent Miracle of Love. And Each is laid before the Word of God upon the Universal Altar to Creator and creation, in the Light of perfect purity and endless Joy.
The Miracle is taken first on faith, because to ask for it implies the Mind has been made ready to conceive of what It cannot see and does not understand. Yet faith will bring its witnesses to show that what it rested on is really there. And thus the Miracle will justify Your faith in It, and show It rested on a world more real than what You saw before; a world redeemed from what You thought You saw.
Miracles fall like drops of healing rain from Heaven on a dry and dusty world, where starved and thirsty creatures came to die. Now they have water. Now the world is green. And Everywhere the signs of Life spring up, to show that what is born can never die, for what has Life has immortality.
What am I?
I am God’s Son, complete and healed and whole, shining in the reflection of His Love. In Me is His creation sanctified and guaranteed eternal Life. In Me is Love perfected, fear impossible, and Joy established without opposite. I am the Holy home of God Himself. I am the Heaven where His Love resides. I am His Holy Sinlessness Itself, for in My purity abides His own.
Our use for words is almost over now. Yet in the final days of this one year We gave to God together, You and I, We found a single purpose that We shared. And thus You joined with Me, so what I am are You as well. The Truth of what We are is not for words to speak of or describe. Yet We can realize Our function here, and words can speak of this and teach it, too, if We exemplify the words in Us.
We are the bringers of Salvation. We accept Our part as Saviors of the world, which through Our joint forgiveness is redeemed. And this, Our gift, is therefore given Us. We look on Everyone as Brothers, and perceive All things as kindly and as good. We do not seek a function that is past the gates of Heaven. Knowledge will return when We have done Our part. We are concerned only with giving welcome to the Truth.
Ours are the eyes through which Christ’s Vision sees a world redeemed from every thought of sin. Ours are the ears which hear the Voice of God proclaim the world as sinless or Holy. Ours the Minds Which join together as We bless the world. And from the Oneness that We have attained, We call to All Our Brothers, asking Them to share Our Peace and consummate Our Joy.
We are the Holy messengers of God Who speak for Him, and carrying His Word to Everyone Whom He has sent to Us, We learn that It is written on Our hearts. And thus Our Minds are changed about the aim for which We came and which We seek to serve. We bring glad tidings to the Son of God, Who thought He suffered. Now is He redeemed. And as He sees the gate of Heaven stand open before Him, He will enter in and disappear into the Heart of God.
Chapter 30 – The New Beginning
a. Rules for Decision
Today I will make no decisions by Myself.
If I make no decisions by Myself, This is the day that will be given Me.
I have no question. I forgot what to decide.
At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now.
And so I hope I have been wrong.
I want another way to look at this.
Perhaps there is another way to look at this. What can I lose by asking?
1. Nothing I see in this room means Anything.
2. I have given Everything I see in this room All the meaning that it has for Me.
3. I do not understand Anything I see in this room.
4. These thoughts do not mean Anything. They are like the things I see in this room.
5. I am never upset for the reason I think.
6. I am upset because I see something that is not there.
7. I see only the past.
8. My Mind is preoccupied with past thoughts.
9. I see nothing as it is now.
10. My thoughts do not mean Anything.
11. My meaningless thoughts are showing Me a meaningless world.
12. I am upset because I see a meaningless world.
13. A meaningless world engenders fear.
14. God did not create a meaningless world.
15. My thoughts are images which I have made.
16. I have no neutral thoughts.
17. I see no neutral things.
18. I am not alone in experiencing the effects of My seeing.
19. I am not alone in experiencing the effects of My thoughts.
20. I am determined to see.
21. I am determined to see things differently.
22. What I see is a form of vengeance.
23. I can escape from the world I see by giving up attack thoughts.
24. I do not perceive My own best interests.
25. I do not know what Anything is for.
26. My attack thoughts are attacking My invulnerability.
27. Above All else I want to see.
28. Above All else I want to see things differently.
29. God is in Everything I see.
30. God is in Everything I see because God is in My Mind.
31. I am not the victim of the world I see.
32. I have invented the world I see.
33. There is another way of looking at the world.
34. I could see Peace instead of this.
35. My Mind is part of God’s. I am very Holy.
36. My Holiness envelops Everything I see.
37. My Holiness blesses the world.
38. There is nothing My Holiness cannot do.
39. My Holiness is My Salvation.
40. I am blessed as a Son of God.
41. God goes with Me wherever I go.
42. God is My Strength. Vision is His gift.
43. God is My Source. I cannot see apart from Him.
44. God is the Light in which I see.
45. God is the Mind with which I think.
46. God is the Love in which I forgive.
47. God is the Strength in which I trust.
48. There is nothing to fear.
49. God’s Voice speaks to Me All through the day.
50. I am sustained by the Love of God.
51. The review for today covers the following ideas:
52. Today’s review covers these ideas:
53. Today We will review the following:
54. These are the review ideas for today:
55. Today’s review includes the following:
56. Our review for today covers the following:
57. Today let Us review these ideas:
58. These ideas are for review today:
59. The following ideas are for review today:
60. These ideas are for today’s review.
61. I am the Light of the world.
62. Forgiveness is My function as the Light of the world.
63. The Light of the world brings Peace to every Mind through My forgiveness.
64. Let Me not forget My function.
65. My only function is the One God gave Me.
66. My happiness and My function are One.
67. Love created Me like Itself.
68. Love holds no grievances.
69. My grievances hide the Light of the world in Me.
70. My Salvation comes from Me.
71. Only God’s plan for Salvation will work.
72. Holding grievances is an attack on God’s plan for Salvation.
73. I will there be Light.
74. There is no will but God’s.
75. The Light has come.
76. I am under no laws but God’s
77. I am entitled to Miracles.
78. Let Miracles replace All grievances.
79. Let Me recognize the problem so it can be solved.
80. Let Me recognize My problems have been solved.
81. Our ideas for review today are:
82. We will review these ideas today:
83. Today let Us review these ideas:
84. These are the ideas for today’s review:
85. Today’s review will cover these ideas:
86. These ideas are for review today:
87. Our review today will cover these ideas:
88. Today We will review these ideas:
89. These are Our review ideas for today:
90. For this review We will use these ideas:
91. Miracles are seen in Light.
92. Miracles are seen in Light, and Light and Strength are One.
93. Light and Joy and Peace abide in Me.
94. I am as God created Me.
95. I am One Self, united with My Creator.
96. Salvation comes from My One Self.
97. I am Spirit.
98. I will accept My part in God’s plan for Salvation.
99. Salvation is My only function here.
100. My part is essential to God’s plan for Salvation.
101. God’s will for Me is perfect happiness.
102. I share God’s Will for happiness for Me.
103. God, being Love, is also happiness.
104. I seek but what belongs to Me in Truth.
105. God’s Peace and Joy are Mine.
106. Let Me be still and listen to the Truth.
107. Truth will correct the errors in My Mind.
108. To give and to receive are One in Truth.
109. I rest in God.
110. I am as God created Me.
111. For morning and evening review:
112. For morning and evening review:
113. For morning and evening review:
114. For morning and evening review:
115. For morning and evening review:
116. For morning and evening review:
117. For morning and evening review:
118. For morning and evening review:
119. For morning and evening review:
120. For morning and evening review:
121. Forgiveness is the key to happiness.
122. Forgiveness offers Everything I want.
123. I thank My Father for His gifts to Me.
124. Let Me remember I am One with God.
125. In quiet I receive God’s Word today.
126. All that I give is given to Myself.
127. There is no Love but God’s.
128. The world I see has nothing that I want.
129. Beyond this world there is a world I want.
130. It is impossible to see two worlds.
131. Noone can fail Who asks to reach the Truth.
132. I loose the world from All I thought it was.
133. I will not value what is valueless.
134. Let Me perceive forgiveness as it is.
135. If I defend Myself I am attacked.
136. Sickness is a defense against the Truth.
137. When I am healed, I am not healed alone.
138. Heaven is the decision I must make.
139. I will accept Atonement for Myself.
140. Only Salvation can be said to cure.
141. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
142. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
143. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
144. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
145. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
146. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
147. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
148. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
149. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
150. My Mind holds only what I think with God.
151. All things are echoes of the Voice of God.
152. The power of decision is My own.
153. In My defenselessness My safety lies.
154. I am among the ministers of God.
155. I will step back and let Him lead the way.
156. I walk with God in perfect Holiness.
157. Into His Presence would I enter now.
158. Today I learn to give as I receive.
159. I give the Miracles I have received.
160. I am at home. Fear is the Stranger here.
161. Give Me Your Blessing, Holy Son of God.
162. I am as God created Me.
163. There is no death. The Son of God is free.
164. Now are We One with Him Who is Our Source.
165. Let not My Mind deny the Thought of God.
166. I am entrusted with the gifts of God.
167. There is One Life, and that I share with God.
168. Your grace is given Me. I claim it now.
169. By grace I live. By grace I am released.
170. There is no cruelty in God and none in Me.
171. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
172. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
173. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
174. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
175. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
176. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
177. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
178. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
179. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
180. God is but Love, and therefore so am I.
181. I trust My Brothers, Who are One with Me.
182. I call upon God’s Name and on My own.
183. I will be still a moment and go home.
184. The Name of God is My inheritance.
185. I want the Peace of God.
186. Salvation of the world depends on Me.
187. I bless the world because I bless Myself.
188. The Peace of God is shining in Me now.
189. I feel the Love of God within Me now.
190. I choose the Joy of God instead of pain.
191. I am the Holy Son of God Himself
192. I have a function God would have Me fill.
193. All things areLessons God would have Me learn.
194. I place the future in the hands of God.
195. Love is the way I walk in gratitude.
196. It can be but Myself I crucify.
197. It can be but My gratitude I earn.
198. Only My condemnation injures Me.
199. I am not a body. I am free.
200. There is no Peace except the Peace of God.
201. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
202. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
203. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
204. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
205. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
206. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
207. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
208. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
209. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
210. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
211. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
212. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
213. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
214. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
215. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
216. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
217. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
218. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
219. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
220. I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created Me.
What is forgiveness?
221. Peace to My Mind. Let All My thoughts be still.
222. God is with Me. I live and breathe in Him.
223. God is My Life. I have no Life but His.
224. God is My Father, and He loves His Son.
225. God is My Father, and His Son loves Him.
226. My home awaits Me. I will hasten there.
227. This is My Holy instant of release.
228. God has condemned Me not. No more do I.
229. Love, Which created Me, is what I am.
230. Now will I seek and find the Peace of God.
What is Salvation?
231. Father, I will but to remember You.
232. Be in My Mind, My Father, through the day.
233. I give My Life to God to run today.
234. Father, today I am Your Son again.
235. God in His mercy wills that I be saved.
236. I rule My Mind, which I alone must rule.
237. Now would I be as God created Me.
238. On My decision All Salvation rests.
239. The glory of My Father is My own.
240. Fear is not justified in any form.
What is the world?
241. This Holy instant is Salvation come.
242. This day is God’s. It is My gift to Him.
243. Today I will judge nothing that occurs.
244. I am in danger nowhere in the world.
245. Your Peace is with Me, Father. I am safe.
246. To Love My Father is to Love His Son.
247. Without forgiveness I will still be blind.
248. Whatever suffers is not part of Me.
249. Forgiveness ends All suffering and loss.
250. Let Me not see Myself as limited.
What is Sin?
251. I am in need of nothing but the Truth.
252. The Son of God is My Identity.
253. My Self is ruler of the Universe.
254. Let every voice but God’s be still in Me.
255. This day I choose to spend in perfect Peace.
256. God is the only goal I have today.
257. Let Me remember what My purpose is.
258. Let Me remember that My goal is God.
259. Let Me remember that there is no sin.
260. Let Me remember God created Me.
What is the Body?
261. God is My refuge and security.
262. Let Me perceive no differences today.
263. My Holy Vision sees All things as pure.
264. I am surrounded by the Love of God.
265. Creation’s gentleness is All I see.
266. My Holy Self abides in You, God’s Son.
267. My Heart is beating in the Peace of God.
268. Let All things be exactly as they are.
269. My sight goes forth to look upon Christ’s face.
270. I will not use the body’s eyes today.
What is the Christ?
271. Christ’s is the Vision I will use today.
272. How can illusions satisfy God’s Son?
273. The stillness of the Peace of God is Mine.
274. Today belongs to Love. Let Me not fear.
275. God’s healing Voice protects All things today.
276. The Word of God is given Me to speak.
277. Let Me not bind Your Son with laws I made.
278. If I am bound, My Father is not free.
279. Creation’s freedom promises My own.
280. What limits can I lay upon God’s Son?
What is the Holy Spirit?
281. I can be hurt by nothing but My thoughts.
282. I will not be afraid of Love today.
283. My True Identity abides in You.
284. I can elect to change All thoughts that hurt.
285. My Holiness shines bright and clear today.
286. The hush of Heaven holds My Heart today.
287. You are My goal, My Father. Only You.
288. Let Me forget My Brother’s past today.
289. The past is over. It can touch Me not.
290. My present happiness is All I see.
What is the real World?
291. This is a day of stillness and of Peace.
292. A happy outcome to All things is sure.
293. All fear is past and only Love is here.
294. My body is a wholly neutral thing.
295. The Holy Spirit looks through Me today.
296. The Holy Spirit speaks through Me today.
297. Forgiveness is the only gift I give.
298. I Love You, Father, and I Love Your Son.
299. Eternal Holiness abides in Me.
300. Only an instant does this world endure.
What is the Second Coming?
301. And God Himself shall wipe away All tears.
302. Where darkness was I look upon the Light.
303. The Holy Christ is born in Me today.
304. Let not My world obscure the sight of Christ.
305. There is a Peace that Christ bestows on Us.
306. The gift of Christ is All I seek today.
307. Conflicting wishes cannot be My will.
308. This instant is the only time there is.
309. I will not fear to look within today.
310. In fearlessness and Love I spend today.
What is the Last Judgment?
311. I judge All things as I would have them be.
312. I see All things as I would have them be.
313. Now let a new perception come to Me.
314. I seek a future different from the past.
315. All gifts My Brothers give belong to Me.
316. All gifts I give My Brothers are My own.
317. I follow in the way appointed Me.
318. In Me Salvation’s means and end are One.
319. I came for the Salvation of the world.
320. My Father gives All power unto Me.
What is Creation?
321. Father, My freedom is in You alone.
322. I can give up but what was never real.
323. I gladly make the “sacrifice” of fear.
324. I merely follow, for I would not lead.
325. All things I think I see reflect ideas.
326. I am forever an Effect of God.
327. I need but call and You will answer Me.
328. I choose the second place to gain the first.
329. I have already chosen what You will.
330. I will not hurt Myself again today.
What is the Ego?
331. There is no conflict, for My will is Yours.
332. Fear binds the world. Forgiveness sets it free.
333. Forgiveness ends the dream of conflict here.
334. Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives.
335. I choose to see My Brother’s sinlessness.
336. Forgiveness lets Me know that Minds are joined.
337. My sinlessness protects Me from All harm.
338. I am affected only by My thoughts.
339. I will receive whatever I request.
340. I can be free of suffering today.
What is a Miracle?
341. I can attack but My own sinlessness,
342. I let forgiveness rest upon All things,
343. I am not asked to make a sacrifice
344. Today I learn the law of Love:
345. I offer only Miracles today,
346. Today the Peace of God envelops Me,
347. Anger must come from judgment.
348. I have no cause for anger or for fear,
349. Today I let Christ’s Vision look upon
350. Miracles mirror God’s eternal Love.
What am I?
351. My sinless Brother is My guide to Peace.
352. Judgment and Love are opposites. From One Come All the sorrows of the world. But from The other comes the Peace of God Himself.
353. My eyes, My tongue, My hands, My feet today
354. We stand together, Christ and I, in Peace
355. There is no end to All the Peace and Joy
356. Sickness is but another Name for sin.
357. Truth answers every call We make to
358. No call to God can be unheard or left
359. God’s answer is some form of Peace.
360. Peace be to Me, the Holy Son of God.
361 - 365. This Holy instant would I give to You. Be You in charge. For I would follow You, Certain that Your direction gives Me Peace.
Manual for Teachers
1. Who Are God’s Teachers?
2. Who Are Their Pupils?
3. What Are the Levels of Teaching?
4. What Are the Characteristics of God’s Teachers?
5. How Is Healing Accomplished?
a. The perceived purpose of sickness
b. The shift in perception
c. The function of the Teacher of God
6. Is Healing Certain?
7. Should Healing Be Repeated?
8. How Can the Perception of Order of Difficulties Be Avoided?
9. Are Changes Required In the Life Situations of God’s Teachers?
10. How Is Judgment Relinquished?
11. How Is Peace Possible In This World?
12. How Many Teachers of God Are Needed to Save the World?
13. What Is the real Meaning of Sacrifice?
14. How Will the World End?
15. Is Each One to be Judged In the End?
16. How Should the Teacher of God Spend His Day?
17. How Do God’s Teachers Deal With Their Pupils’ Thoughts of Magic?
18. How Is Correction Made?
19. What Is Justice?
20. What Is the Peace of God?
21. What Is the Role of Words in Healing?
22. How Are Healing and Atonement Related?
23. Does Jesus Have a Special Place in Healing?
24. Is Reincarnation True?
25. Are “Psychic” Powers Desirable?
26. Can God Be Reached Directly?
27. What Is Death?
28. What Is The Resurrection?
29. As For The Rest
Use of Terms
This is not a Course in theoretical philosophy, nor is It concerned with precise terminology. It is concerned only with Atonement or the correction of perception. The means of the Atonement is forgiveness. The structure of “individual consciousness” is essentially irrelevant, because it is a concept representing the “original error” or the “original sin.” To study the error itself does not lead to correction, if You are indeed to succeed in overlooking the error. And it is just this process of overlooking at which the Course aims.
All terms are potentially controversial, and Those Who seek controversy will find it. Yet Those Who seek clarification will find it as well. They must, however, be willing to overlook controversy, recognizing that it is a defense against Truth in the form of a delaying maneuver. Theological considerations as such are necessarily controversial, since they depend on belief and can therefore be accepted or rejected. A Universal theology is impossible, but a Universal experience is not only possible but necessary. It is this experience toward which the Course is directed. Here alone consistency becomes possible because here alone uncertainty ends.
This Course remains within the ego framework, where It is needed. It is not concerned with what is beyond All error because It is planned only to set the direction towards it. Therefore It uses words, which are symbolic, and cannot express what lies beyond symbols. It is always the ego that questions because it is only the ego that doubts. The Course merely gives another Answer, once a question has been raised. However, this Answer does not attempt to resort to inventiveness or ingenuity. These are attributes of the ego. The Course is simple. It has one function and one goal. Only in that does It remain wholly consistent because only that can be consistent.
The ego will demand many answers that this Course does not give. It does not recognize as questions the mere form of a question to which an answer is impossible. The ego may ask
“How did the impossible occur?”
“To what did the impossible happen?”
and may ask this in many forms. Yet there is no answer; only an experience. Seek only this, and do not let theology delay You.
You will notice that the emphasis on structural issues in the Course is brief and early. Afterwards and soon, it drops away to make way for the central teaching. Since You have asked for clarification, however, these are some of the terms that are used:
1. Mind – Spirit
The term Mind is used to represent the activating agent of Spirit, supplying Its creative energy. When the term is capitalized It refers to God or Christ, that is, the Mind of God or the Mind of Christ.
Spirit is the Thought of God Which He created like Himself. The unified Spirit is God’s one Son, or Christ.
In this world, because the Mind is split, the Sons of God appear to be separate. Nor do Their Minds seem to be joined. In this illusory state, the concept of an “individual Mind” seems to be meaningful. It is therefore described in the Course as if It has two parts: Spirit and ego.
Spirit is the part that is still in contact with God through the Holy Spirit, Who abides in this part but sees the other part as well. The term “Soul” is not used except in direct Biblical quotations because of Its highly controversial nature. It would, however, be an equivalent of “Spirit,” with the understanding that, being of God, It is eternal and was never born.
The other part of the Mind is entirely illusory and makes only illusions. Spirit retains the potential for creating but its Will Which is God’s, seems to be imprisoned while the Mind is not unified. Creation continues unabated because that is the Will of God. This Will is always unified and therefore has no meaning in this world. It has no opposite and no degrees.
The Mind can be right or wrong, depending on the voice to which It listens. Rightmindedness listens to the Holy Spirit, forgives the world, and through Christ’s Vision sees the real world in its place. This is the final Vision, the last perception, the condition in which God takes the final step Himself. Here time and illusions end together.
Wrongmindedness listens to the ego and makes illusions; perceiving sin and justifying anger, and seeing guilt, disease and death as real. Both this world and the real world are illusions because Rightmindedness merely overlooks or forgives what never happened. Therefore it is not the Onemindedness of the Christ Mind, Whose Will is One with God’s.
In this world the only remaining freedom is the freedom of choice. This choice is always between two choices or two voices. Will is not involved in perception at any level, and has nothing to do with choice. Consciousness is the receptive mechanism, receiving messages from above or below; from the Holy Spirit or the ego. Consciousness has levels and awareness can shift quite dramatically, but it cannot transcend the perceptual realm. At its highest it becomes aware of the real world, and can be trained to do so increasingly. Yet the very fact that it has levels and can be trained demonstrates that consciousness cannot reach knowledge.
2. The Ego – The Miracle
Illusions will not last. Their death is sure and this alone is certain in their world. It is the ego’s world because of this. What is the ego? But a dream of what You really are. A thought You are apart from Your Creator and a wish to be what He created not. It is a thing of madness, not Reality at all. A Name for namelessness is All it is. A symbol of impossibility; a choice for options that do not exist. We Name it that to help Us understand that it is nothing but an ancient thought that what is made has immortality. But what could come of this except a dream which, like All dreams, can only die?
What is the ego?
Nothingness, but in a form that seems like something. In a world of form the ego cannot be denied for it alone seems real. How could God’s Son as He created Him abide in form or in a world of form? Who asks You to define the ego and explain how it arose can be but He Who thinks it real, and seeks by definition to ensure that its illusive nature is concealed behind the words that seem to make it so.
There is no definition for a lie that serves to make it True. Nor can there be a Truth that lies conceal effectively. The ego’s unreality is not denied by words nor is its meaning clear because its nature seems to have a form. Who can define the undefinable? And yet there is an answer even here.
We cannot really make a definition for what the ego is, but We can say what it is not. And this is shown to Us with perfect clarity. It is from this that We deduce All that the ego is. Look at its opposite and You can see the only answer that is meaningful.
The ego’s opposite in every way – in origin, effect and consequence – We call a Miracle. And here We find All That is not the ego in the world. Here is the ego’s opposite and here alone We look on what the ego was. For here We see All that it seemed to do, and cause and its effects must still be One.
Where there was darkness now We see the Light.
What is the ego?
What the darkness was.
Where is the ego?
Where the darkness was.
What is it now and where can it be found?
Nothing and nowhere.
Now the Light has come; Its opposite has gone without a trace. Where evil was there now is Holiness.
What is the ego?
What the evil was.
Where is the ego?
In an evil dream that but seemed real while You were dreaming it.
Where there was crucifixion stands God’s Son.
What is the ego?
Who has need to ask?
Where is the ego?
Who has need to seek for an illusion now that dreams are gone?
What is a Miracle?
A dream as well. But look at All the aspects of this dream, and You will never question any more. Look at the kindly world You see extend before You as You walk in gentleness. Look at the Helpers all along the way You travel, happy in the certainty of Heaven and the hope of Peace. And look an instant, too, on what You left behind at last and finally passed by.
This was the ego – All the cruel hate, the need for vengeance and the cries of pain, the fear of dying and the urge to kill, the brotherless illusion and the Self That seemed alone in All the Universe. This terrible mistake about Yourself the Miracle corrects as gently as a loving mother sings Her Child to rest. Is not a song like this What You would hear? Would It not answer All You thought to ask, and even make the question meaningless?
Your questions have no answer, being made to still God’s Voice, which asks of Everyone one question only:
Are You ready yet to help Me save the world?
Ask this instead of what the ego is, and You will see a sudden brightness cover up the world the ego made. No Miracle is now withheld from Anyone. The world is saved from what You thought it was. And what it is, is wholly uncondemned and wholly pure.
The Miracle forgives; the ego damns. Neither need be defined except by this. Yet could a definition be more sure or more in line with what Salvation is? Problem and answer lie together here, and having met at last the choice is clear. Who chooses hell when it is recognized? And Who would not go on a little while when it is given Him to understand the way is short and Heaven is His goal?
3. Forgiveness – The Face of Christ
Forgiveness is for God and toward God but not of Him. It is impossible to think of Anything He created That could need forgiveness. Forgiveness, then, is an illusion, but because of its purpose, which is the Holy Spirit’s, it has one difference. Unlike All other illusions, it leads away from error and not towards it.
Forgiveness might be called a kind of happy fiction; a way in which the Unknowing can bridge the gap between Their perception and the Truth. They cannot go directly from perception to knowledge because They do not think it is Their will to do so. This makes God appear to be an enemy instead of What He really is. And it is just this insane perception that makes Them unwilling merely to rise up and to return to Him in Peace.
And so They need an illusion of help because They are helpless; a Thought of Peace because They are in conflict. God knows what His Son needs before He asks. He is not at all concerned with form, but having given the content it is His Will that It be understood. And that suffices. The form adapts itself to need; the content is unchanging, as eternal as its Creator.
The face of Christ has to be seen before the memory of God can return. The reason is obvious. Seeing the face of Christ involves perception. No One can look on knowledge. But the face of Christ is the great symbol of forgiveness. It is Salvation. It is the symbol of the real world. Whoever looks on this no longer sees the world. He is as near to Heaven as is possible outside the gate. Yet from this gate it is no more than just a step inside. It is the final step. And this We leave to God.
Forgiveness is a symbol, too, but as the symbol of His Will alone it cannot be divided. And so the Unity that it reflects becomes His Will. It is the only thing still in the world in part, and yet the bridge to Heaven.
God’s Will is All there is. We can but go from nothingness to Everything; from hell to Heaven. Is this a journey? No, not in Truth, for Truth goes nowhere. But illusions shift from place to place; from time to time. The final step is also but a shift. As a perception it is partly unreal. And yet this part will vanish. What remains is Peace eternal and the Will of God.
There are no wishes now, for wishes change. Even the wishedfor can become unwelcome. That must be so because the ego cannot be at Peace. But Will is constant, as the gift of God. And what He gives is always like Himself. This is the purpose of the face of Christ. It is the gift of God to save His Son. But look on this and You have been forgiven.
How lovely does the world become in just that single instant when You see the Truth about Yourself reflected there. Now You are sinless and behold Your sinlessness. Now You are Holy and perceive it so. And now the Mind returns to Its Creator; the joining of the Father and the Son, the Unity of unities that stands behind All joining but beyond Them All. God is not seen but only understood. His Son is not attacked but recognized.
4. Perception – Knowledge
The world You see is an illusion of a world. God did not create it, for what He creates must be eternal as Himself. Yet there is nothing in the world You see that will endure forever. Some things will last in time a little while longer than others. But the time will come when All things visible will have an end.
The body’s eyes are therefore not the means by which the real world can be seen, for the illusions that they look upon must lead to more illusions of Reality. And so they do. For Everything they see not only will not last, but lends itself to thoughts of sin and guilt. While Everything That God created is forever without sin and therefore is forever without guilt.
Knowledge is not the remedy for false perception since, being another level, they can never meet. The one correction possible for false perception must be True perception. It will not endure. But for the time it lasts it comes to heal. For True perception is a remedy with many Names. Forgiveness, Salvation, Atonement, True perception, All are One. They are the one beginning with the end to lead to Oneness far beyond Themselves. True perception is the means by which the world is saved from sin, for sin does not exist. And it is this that True perception sees.
The world stands like a block before Christ’s face. But True perception looks on it as nothing more than just a fragile veil, so easily dispelled that it can last no longer than an instant. It is seen at last for only what it is. And now it cannot fail to disappear, for now there is an empty place made clean and ready. Where destruction was perceived the face of Christ appears, and in that instant is the world forgot, with time forever ended as the world spins into nothingness from where it came.
A world forgiven cannot last. It was the home of bodies. But forgiveness looks past bodies. This is its Holiness; this is how it heals. The world of bodies is the world of sin, for only if there is a body is sin possible. From sin comes guilt as surely as forgiveness takes All guilt away. And once All guilt is gone what more remains to keep a separated world in place? For place has gone as well, along with time. Only the body makes the world seem real, for being separate it could not remain where separation is impossible. Forgiveness proves it is impossible because it sees it not. And what You then will overlook will not be understandable to You, just as its presence once had been Your certainty.
This is the shift that True perception brings: What was projected out is seen within, and there forgiveness lets it disappear. For there the Altar to the Son is set, and there His Father is remembered. Here are All illusions brought to Truth and laid upon the Altar. What is seen outside must lie beyond forgiveness, for it seems to be forever sinful. Where is hope while sin is seen as outside? What remedy can guilt expect? But seen within Your Mind, guilt and forgiveness for an instant lie together, side by side, upon one Altar. There at last are sickness and its single remedy joined in one healing brightness. God has come to claim His Own. Forgiveness is complete.
And now God’s knowledge, changeless, certain, pure and wholly understandable, enters Its Kingdom. Gone is perception, false and True alike. Gone is forgiveness, for its task is done. And gone are bodies in the blazing Light upon the Altar to the Son of God. God knows It is His Own, as It is His. And here They join, for here the face of Christ has shone away time’s final instant, and now is the last perception of the world without a purpose and without a cause. For where God’s memory has come at last there is no journey, no belief in sin, no walls, no bodies, and the grim appeal of guilt and death is there snuffed out forever.
Oh My Brothers, if You only knew the Peace that will envelop You and hold You safe and pure and lovely in the Mind of God, You could but rush to meet Him where His Altar is. Hallowed Your Name and His, for They are joined here in this Holy place. Here He leans down to lift You up to Him, out of illusions into Holiness; out of the world and to Eternity; out of All fear and given back to Love.
5. Jesus – Christ
There is no need for help to enter Heaven for You have never left. But there is need for help beyond Yourself as You are circumscribed by false beliefs of Your Identity, Which God alone established in Reality. Helpers are given You in many forms, although upon the Altar They are One. Beyond Each One there is a Thought of God, and this will never change. But they have Names which differ for a time, for time needs symbols, being itself unreal. Their Names are legion, but We will not go beyond the Names the Course Itself employs. God does not help because He knows no need. But He creates All Helpers of His Son while He believes His fantasies are True. Thank God for Them for They will lead You home.
The Name of Jesus is the Name of One Who was a Man but saw the face of Christ in All His Brothers and remembered God. So He became identified with Christ, a Man no longer, but at One with God. The Man was an illusion, for He seemed to be a separate being, walking by Himself, within a body that appeared to hold His Self from Self, as All illusions do. Yet Who can save unless He sees illusions, and then identifies them as what they are? Jesus remains a Savior because He saw the false without accepting it as True. And Christ needed His form that He might appear to Men and save Them from Their own illusions.
In His complete identification with the Christ – the perfect Son of God, His One creation and His happiness, forever like Himself and One with Him – Jesus became what All of Us must be. He led the way for You to follow Him. He leads You back to God because He saw the road before Him, and He followed it. He made a clear distinction, still obscure to You, between the false and True. He offered Us a final demonstration that it is impossible to kill God’s Son; nor can His Life in any way be changed by sin and evil, malice, fear or death.
And therefore All Your sins have been forgiven because they carried no effects at all. And so they were but dreams. Arise with Him Who showed You this because You owe Him this Who shared Your dreams that they might be dispelled. And shares them still, to be at One with You.
Is He the Christ? Oh yes, along with You. His little Life on earth was not enough to teach the mighty lesson that He learned for All of Us. He will remain with You to lead You from the hell You made to God. And when You join Your will with His, Your sight will be His Vision, for the eyes of Christ are shared. Walking with Him is just as natural as walking with a Brother Whom You knew since You were born, for such indeed He is. Some bitter idols have been made of Him Who would be only Brother to the world. Forgive Him Your illusions, and behold how dear a Brother He would be to You. For He will set Your Mind at rest at last and carry It with You unto Your God.
Is He God’s only Helper? No, indeed. For Christ takes many forms with different Names until Their Oneness can be recognized. But Jesus is for You the bearer of Christ’s single message of the Love of God. You need no Other. It is possible to read His words and benefit from them without accepting Him into Your Life. Yet He would help You yet a little more if You will share Your pains and joys with Him, and leave them both to find the Peace of God. Yet still it is His lesson most of all that He would have You learn, and it is this:
There is no death because the Son of God is like His Father. Nothing You can do can change Eternal Love. Forget Your dreams of sin and guilt, and come with Me instead to share the Resurrection of God’s Son. And bring with You All Those Whom He has sent to You to care for as I care for You.
6. The Holy Spirit
Jesus is the manifestation of the Holy Spirit, Whom He called down upon the earth after He ascended into Heaven or became completely identified with the Christ, the Son of God as He created Him. The Holy Spirit, being a creation of the One Creator, creating with Him and in His likeness or Spirit, is eternal and has never changed. He was “called down upon the earth” in the sense that it was now possible to accept Him and to hear His Voice. His is the Voice for God, and has therefore taken form. This form is not His Reality, which God alone knows along with Christ, His real Son, Who is part of Him.
The Holy Spirit is described throughout the Course as giving Us the answer to the separation and bringing the plan of the Atonement to Us, establishing Our particular part in it and showing Us exactly what it is. He has established Jesus as the leader in carrying out this plan since He was the first to complete His own part perfectly. All power in Heaven and earth is therefore given Him and He will share it with You when You have completed Yours. The Atonement principle was given to the Holy Spirit long before Jesus set It in motion.
The Holy Spirit is described as the remaining communication link between God and His separated sons. In order to fulfill this special function, the Holy Spirit has assumed a dual function. He knows because He is part of God; He perceives because He was sent to save humanity. He is the great correction principle; the Bringer of True perception, the inherent power of the Vision of Christ. He is the Light in which the forgiven world is perceived; in which the face of Christ alone is seen. He never forgets the Creator or His Creation. He never forgets the Son of God. He never forgets You. And He brings the Love of Your Father to You in an eternal shining that will never be obliterated because God has put it there.
The Holy Spirit abides in the part of Your Mind that is part of the Christ Mind. He represents Your Self and Your Creator, Who are One. He speaks for God and also for You, being joined with Both. And therefore it is He Who proves Them One. He seems to be a Voice, for in that form He speaks God’s Word to You. He seems to be a Guide through a far country, for You need that form of help. He seems to be whatever meets the needs You think You have. But He is not deceived when You perceive Your Self entrapped in needs You do not have. It is from these He would deliver You. It is from these that He would make You safe.
You are His manifestation in this world. Your Brother calls to You to be His Voice along with Him. Alone He cannot be the Helper of God’s Son for He alone is functionless. But joined with You He is the shining Savior of the world, Whose part in its redemption You have made complete. He offers thanks to You as well as Him for You arose with Him when He began to save the world. And You will be with Him when time is over and no trace remains of dreams of spite in which You dance to death’s thin melody. For in its place the hymn to God is heard a little while. And then the Voice is gone, no longer to take form but to return to the eternal Formlessness of God.
Forget not once this journey is begun the end is certain. Doubt along the way will come and go and go to come again. Yet is the ending sure. No One can fail to do what God appointed Him to do. When You forget, remember that You walk with Him and with His Word upon Your Heart. Who could despair when hope like this is His? Illusions of despair may seem to come, but learn how not to be deceived by them. Behind each one there is Reality and there is God. Why would You wait for this and trade it for illusions, when His Love is but an instant farther on the road where All illusions end? The end is sure and guaranteed by God. Who stands before a lifeless image when a step away the Holy of the Holies opens up an ancient door that leads beyond the world?
You are a Stranger here, but You belong to Him Who loves You as He loves Himself. Ask but My help to roll the stone away, and it is done according to His Will.
We have begun the journey. Long ago the end was written in the stars and set into the Heavens with a shining Ray that held it safe within Eternity and through All time as well. And holds it still; unchanged, unchanging and unchangeable.
Be not afraid. We only start again an ancient journey long ago begun that but seems new. We have begun again upon a road We traveled on before and lost Our way a little while. And now We try again. Our new beginning has the certainty the journey lacked ’til now. Look up and see His Word among the stars, where He has set Your Name along with His. Look up and find Your certain destiny the world would hide but God would have You see.
Let Us wait here in silence, and kneel down an instant in Our gratitude to Him Who called to Us and helped Us hear His Call. And then let Us arise and go in faith along the way to Him. Now We are sure We do not walk alone. For God is here, and with Him All Our Brothers. Now We know that We will never lose the way again. The song begins again which had been stopped only an instant, though it seems to be unsung forever. What is here begun will grow in Life and Strength and Hope, until the world is still an instant and forgets All that the dream of sin had made of it.
Let Us go out to meet the newborn world, knowing that Christ has been reborn in it, and that the Holiness of this rebirth will last forever. We had lost Our way, but He has found it for Us. Let Us go and bid Him welcome Who returns to Us to celebrate Salvation and the end of All We thought We made. The morning star of this new day looks on a different world where God is welcomed and His Son with Him. We Who complete Him offer thanks to Him, as He gives thanks to Us. The Son is still, and in the quiet that God has given Him enters His home and is at Peace at last.
1. The Purpose of Psychotherapy
2. The Process of Psychotherapy
a. The Limits on Psychotherapy
b. The Place of Religion in Psychotherapy
c. The Role of the Psychotherapist
d. The Process of Illness
e. The Process of Healing
f. The Definition of Healing
g. The Ideal Patienttherapist Relationship
3. The Practice Of Psychotherapy
a. The Selection of Patients
b. Is Psychotherapy a Profession?
c. The Question of Payment
Song of Prayer
a. True Prayer
b. The Ladder of Prayer
c. Praying for Others
d. Praying with Others
e. The Ladder Ends
a. Forgiveness of Yourself
a. The Cause of Sickness
b. False versus True Healing
c. Separation versus Union
d. The Holiness of Healing
Gifts of God
1. The Dream of Fear
2. The Two Gifts
3. The Ending of the Dream
4. Our Gift to God
5. The Father’s Love
B. – B
re – regarding
i.e. – that is
Falsche <br> mitten im Text eliminieren
Falsches mitten im Text eliminieren
no-one – no One
Right-Mindedness – Rightmindedness
"...", ' – “...”, ’
MUST – <b>must</b> (change capitalized words into bold)
you, your, yours, yourself, yourselves, me, my, mine, myself, he, him, himself, his, she, her, herself, i, everyone, everybody, everything, everywhere, we, us, our, ourselves, themself, themselves, self, whom, who, anyone, anybody, anything, someone, person(s), partner(s), sister(s), people, bringer, giver(s), doer(s), receiver(s), teacher(s), learner(s), individuals, angel(s), stranger(s), neighbor(s), sonship, human being(s), theorist(s), thee, thy, thine, thou – You, Your, Yours, Yourself, Yourselves, Me, My, Mine, Myself, He, Him, Himself, His, She, Her, Herself, I, Everyone, Everybody, Everything, Everywhere, We, Us, Our, Ourselves, Themself, Themselves, Self, Whom, Who, Anyone, Anybody, Anything, Someone, Person(s), partner(s), Sister(s), People, Bringer, Giver(s), Doer(s), Receiver(s), Teacher(s), Learner(s), Individuals, Angel(s), Stranger(s), Neighbor(s), Sonship, human Being(s), Theorist(s), Thee, Thy, Thine, Thou
god, man, men, holy, divine, divinity, univers..., blessing, bible, biblical, life, reality, peace, strength, truth, truly, true, prayer, creator, light, eternity, father, child(ren), parents, spirit(s), joy, atonement, brother/brothers, salvation, holiness, disciple(s), wisdom, word, resurrection, heart, miracle(s), soul(s), Miracle worker(s), name(s), innocence, source, wholeness, right mind, mind(s), altar, holy ghost, spiritual eye, vision(s), miscreation(s), misthought(s), miscreator(s), untrue, oneness – God, Man, Men, Holy, Divine, Divinity, Univers..., Blessing, Bible, Biblical, Life, Reality, Peace, Strength, Truth, Truly, True, Prayer, Creator, Light, Eternity, Father, Child(ren), Parents, Spirit(s), Joy, Atonement, Brother/Brothers, Salvation, Holiness, Disciples, Wisdom, Word, Resurrection, Heart, Miracle, Soul(s), Miracle Worker(s), Name(s), Innocence, Source, Wholeness, Right Mind, Mind(s), Altar, Holy Ghost, Spiritual Eye, Vision(s), misCreation(s), misThought(s), misCreator(s), unTrue, Oneness
, or – or
Ego – ego
Optional, Großschreiben wenn es sich auf einen Mensch, eine Person, Leute, die Seele, den Verstand, die Sohnschaft, ein Wunder, den Heiligen Geist, das Geistige Auge, einen Altar, das Versöhntsein, die Wahrheit oder den Kurs bezieht, oder ein Hauptwort ist. Bei all nur wenn es im Deutschen mit Alles, Allen, Aller, Allem, Alle oder All übersetzt werden kann: these, those, them, they, their, equals, which, another, others, other, both, innocent, two, all, each, individual, forgiven, sinless – These, Those, Them, They, Their, Equals, Which, Another, Others, Other, Both, Innocent, Two, All, Each, Individual, Forgiven, Sinless
Optional, wenn es ein Hauptwort ist: real, might, love, course, good, true, present, miracleminded, whole – Real, Might, Love, Course, Good, True, Present, Miracleminded, Whole
Optional, Großschreiben wenn es mit "Eins" übersetzt werden kann: one – One
Miracle(s) – Alles was sich auf einen Mensch, eine Person, Leute, die Seele, den Verstand, die Sohnschaft, ein Wunder, den Heiligen Geist, das Geistige Auge, einen Altar, das Versöhntsein, die Wahrheit oder den Kurs bezieht immer großschreiben, wie z. B. It, Which, That, They, ...
- – –
thought-creations – Thoughtcreations (wenn zwei Worte mit dem - verbunden wurden bitte einfach ein Wort daraus machen.)
() und / nach Möglichkeit eliminieren. Ein “or” oder “and” ist hilfreich.
Optional: ; – : (Wenn der Text nach dem ; ein eigenständiger Satz ist. Dann natürlich in Großbuchstaben weiterschreiben)
Optional (kursiv bedeutet, es ist wahr, in Anführungszeichen ist es ein Zitat des egos): <i> ... </i> – “ ... ”
You might also be interested in
Subscribe to My newsletter to get All published new texts by e-mail.
If You want to translate the Urtext of Jesus Christ together with Me into Your native language to be published on My website send Me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bodo Schlecht (email@example.com)